The App Store is going to be released soon. It is the new market place within iTunes next to the iTunes Music Store. It allows individuals or companies to distribute iPhone / iPod Touch applications either for free or not. The App Store is also responsible for seamless downloads, installation and software updates
The main condition to participate to the App Store is to apply to an iPhone Developer Program and get ready with your iPhone / iPod Touch app.
In case an application is meant to be sold, 70% of the revenues goes to the developer / the company and the remaining 30% goes to Apple. The hosting, the global distribution and the payment processing is free of charge.
Right now, a lot of iPhone applications are ready to be distributed on the App Store. It is just a matter of days before Apple releases the App Store and becomes one of the most powerful online market place to sell media for mobile devices including both iPod family and iPhones.
With Cell-Id, Wifi & GPS Localisation, i'm sure you will find in the near future an Navx app for the new Iphone 3G.