An important milestone in TomTom's history : The world's largest navigation solutions provider announced that it has sold its 10 millionth navigation product ! TomTom, leader in this fast growing market has made over one million users part of the world's biggest satellite navigation community and since the introduction of TomTom HOME, many users have accessed and registered for TomTom's entire range of content, maps and services.
Here is the portfolio of best selling navigation products and market-leading services of TomTom :
- PNDs : TomTom GO range (TomTom ONE, ONE XL and RIDER)
- TomTom NAVIGATOR software for PDA and Smartphone users.
- TomTom PLUS providing real time informations like weather reports, updates on road conditions, new maps and the TomTom Buddies feature.
- TomTom HOME, the free software application to manage and transfer content
- TomTom WORK which combines outstanding communication and smart
- In-car GPS solutions to automobile manufacturers
- Complementary accessories including carry cases, head sets and mounting kits
See the press release here.
edit : Sunday Times published its annual “Sunday Times richest 1000” in the United Kingdom. Football and music are not anymore the best way to make you rich in a few years: it's GPS navigation market :-) Why? Because Harold Goddijn and Corinne Goddijn-Vigreux, two of the four founders of TomTom are making it to the list, and they are already in the 65th rank. Their wealth is estimated by the Sunday Times at £1 billion ($US2 billion). Each of them own 14.24% of the company and TomTom's revenue climbed from €7.8 million to €1.3 billion in five years.